Monday, February 20, 2012

Bring It On: The Musical

Wow.  I was pretty much knocked out of commission last week thanks to a fever and taking (my first!) sick day at work.  Alas, this review is coming to you a few days late...

Last week a group of girls from work and I trudged to our first show in our 'Dallas Summer Musical' lineup.  As you might remember from previous blog posts, my sister and I bought tickets to a few of these shows last summer.  Since she's off being cool in Boston, I had to find someone else to accompany me while I get my musical fix.  Result: season tickets with five of the sweetest girls from work!

Our first show was 'Bring It On.'  We started the night with a dinner trip to Twisted Root in Deep Ellum and came prepared for a show full of glitter, back handsprings, and pom poms.  It did not disappoint:

Photo found here.

The show was cheesy, most definitely.  But it honestly wasn't as dorky as I thought it would be.  The acting was decent and the singing actually wasn't too bad.  There was less cheerleading than I had anticipated which was actually a bummer because I love watching basket tosses and tumbling stunts, etc (read: REAL cheerleading, not your Friday night high school football game mock-up).  It by far was not my favorite musical (sorry Campbell and Eva, you ain't got nothin' on Elphaba and Glinda), but it wasn't a wasted Thursday night either.  And considering we got a steal of a deal on ticket prices, I'd recommend this for a $12.00 night out to any tween-mid 30s girl out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment