Monday, April 16, 2012

Failure Notice

A few weeks ago at work I was trying to contact some folks at various schools regarding an upcoming information session we were hosting.  I apparently had a few incorrect email addresses and after several failed attempts at redirecting the email, Mailer Daemon ended it with this:

"This is a permanent error; I've given up.  Sorry it didn't work out."

Seriously?!  Sounds like I just got virtually broken up with by an internet server... I kinda like it, though.  Very direct.  Very 'to the point.' Very matter-of-fact.  Maybe I'll take a tip from Mailer Daemon and, should I ever have the occasion to break up with someone again, simply end it with "Listen, this is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.  Here's a box with all your stuff in it.  G'bye."

Hmm. Sounds harsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment