Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Run Run Rudolphs

This past weekend me and a few people from my office ran a 5K together.  The Santa Run to be exact.  Our team was called the "Run Run Rudolphs."  Clever, eh?  With your registration fee, you received a five piece Santa suit.  This was, quite honestly, the clincher of a selling piece for me.  I've been looking for another 5K to run and what beats A) topping the world record of most Santas in one place and B) being able to say you ran a race in a beard?!  Sold.

Although I didn't properly prepare for the race so didn't make awesome time, I will contribute some of the extra minutes on my finish time to running in a large costume.  The other will be the fact I hadn't run in...about two weeks.  Oops :)

Here are some photos of our Saturday festivities:

I mean really, have you ever seen two cooler Santas?!

Pre-race BCGers.

Post-race BCGers.

Recruiting.  In some form or fashion...

In other athletic news...

...I went to my bootcamp class again last night.  I think our instructor got legitimately angry at Brittany and me for not doing his penguin sit-ups correctly.  Sorry my abdominals were revolting against me after a straight 55 minutes of being tortured.  Honestly not my fault.

After bootcamp I had a softball game.  Yup, still doing that!  But, contrary to most pitiful Monday nights, we actually won!  And not by a forfeit either.  It was a sincere victory in Bacca world.  Go us.

And finally, to round out my past few 'athletic-filled' days, I went to my very first ever spin class tonight. And loved every minute of it.  Thanks to my sweet friend, Gretchen, who dragged me (willingly) along and let me borrow some of her gel-seated spin shorts, I am already addicted to this class!

I feel pretty solid about my past four workouts which is grand considering I foresee lots of butterbeer and  funnel cakes in my near future.  That's right kids, in two days time I will be boarding a plane headed for this:


and this:


Disney World and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter?!  Why yes please :)

2 comments:

  1. I AM SO JEALOUS THAT YOU ARE GOING TO HARRY POTTER WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS for the shout out :) -gp

    ReplyDelete