Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tis The Season

Lots and lots of Christmasy, holiday-esque things have gone on these past two weeks.  I got back from my Disney/Universal vacation and apparently decided I hadn't gotten my roller coaster fix because two days later I found myself at Six Flag's Holiday in the Park:

Don't mind my green and yellow American Eagle jacket.  Circa 2002.

I would make fun of them and say the last time I went on the "Swing Ride" was when I was five.  But I actually took a spin on this treasure at Fright Fest in October (which is why I knew it would make me nauseous and opted out).

'Holiday in the Park' has been on my Dallas bucket list for a while, so checking it off the list felt good.  As with Fright Fest, I got some discounted tickets through my office so a few girls from work bundled up one evening and headed to Arlington for our fix of roller coasters, fair food, and sledding.  That's right!  We waited in line for 30 minutes to sled down a real, 25 foot snow/ice hill.  And every bit of it was magical.  (Those of you above the Mason-Dixon line are now allowed to make fun of me).

The very next night I met up with some A&M friends for our monthly hang-out.  This time we chose dining at the fantastic Twisted Root accompanied with a sleigh ride through Christmas-light abounded neighborhoods in North Dallas.  Although I was too cold to un-pocket my hands to snap some photos as evidence, it was a delightful time with good scenery and great company!

Thursday night we our last prayer group meeting before the holidays and, as always, Marcy and Lauren's apartment was decorated so nicely for the holidays!  Although I didn't snap photos because that would have been creepy, you'll just have to take my word for it that the real fire in the fireplace, Christmas dishes, and tree by the stairs really catapulted me into the last bit of holiday spirit I was missing!

Friday after work I headed to my parents' house and have spent every day since hanging out with my family, eating entirely too many delicious sweets, watching a good number of videos on VHS, grabbing drinks with friends, and sleeping in past 8am every. single. day.  It's been a great little vacation.

Some highlights of the above include:

Being TWINS with my sister for the Christmas Eve service.  We had the exact same gray jeans (we bought them together), long-sleeved black shirts, and knee-length black boots.  Unfortunately these were the only clean clothes I had and the only 'nice' clothes she had.  Twins it was!

Cleaning out the boxes in the attic...including old toys (the nearest Goodwill is about to double their stuffed animal inventory), old school papers, and old dance trophies.  

Proof that I played basketball once upon a time!  If only I had proof of the two baskets I scored that one game...

Good-bye hard work.  Too bad it's not cool to display you on my shelves like it was back in 9th grade.  I did keep out my very first ballet trophy, though, and figured I have hours of video and knees that hurt when it rains to remind me of the rest!

Exchanged presents with Steph and her girls.  Besides the fact that I can't resist buying them cute little shirts, jammies, and "lipstick"...my family decided not to do Christmas presents this year so I had to buy for someone!  I figured a bag full of running things for Steph would be more than enough motivation to keep her committed to the three upcoming races we have planned out together!  And I might have bought myself a new dry-fit shirt as the same bribe... ;)

It's back to work tomorrow for me so no more sleeping in too late or staying in pajamas until 3pm.  I think it will be good for me, though, so I planned it this way.  I think too many days of laying around or shopping incessantly or being glued to the TV can make a girl's brain turn to mush!  A little mid-week stimulation never hurt anything :)  And honestly, it's only two days...

For the last time this year, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
See ya in 2012, Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment