Friday, July 29, 2011

Food Frenzy Friday

So in true "girl fashion" I am going to list out all the things I have, or will, eat today and then complain about it after.  Ready? Go!

There was an event in my office this morning which, of course, was accompanied by food.  Being that I sit down the hall from the Cafe, I am in prime positon to snag the left-overs.  Ergo, I ate a (free!) Einstein bagel (with strawberry cream cheese...yum!) spread and 3/4 of a sausage and egg burrito.  Oh, and I grabbed an apple juice (which is such a nice treat when I actually remember we keep that on supply).  Successful breakfast. 

If you've been keeping up with my blog, you know we get lunch brought in every Friday.  Today was no different.  What did we eat today, you ask?  None other than a College Station original: FREEBIRDS!  Yum.  Burritos, chips & queso, cookies, and brownies?!  Yum.  Successful lunch.

We have an intern event tonight that we're hosting at Lonesome Dove in Fort Worth (followed by a comedy show at one of my favorite clubs, Four Day Weekend!).  The three-course menu includes things that have had my mouth watering for the past few days in anticipation.  Lobster tail? Pork tenderloin? Salads with foods so fancy I can't pronounce their name? Chocolate mouse cake? Unlimited wine?  Done deal.  This is sure-to-be a 'successful dinner.'

Ah.  So is anyone salivating with hunger and jealousy, yet?  Don't get me wrong, folks, when I'm not being provided meals by BCG, its peanut butter sandwiches and rice cakes for me!  (I hate cooking).  So when I am allowed the luxury of having my meals planned, cooked, delivered, served, and paid for by someone else, I'm all about it!

Now for the complaining part:  My plans for tomorrow include pool, pool, and more pool.  My thoughts on exposing my sure-to-still-be-there food baby?  Well...I'm channeling negative thoughts about it.  However, upon weighing the options, the food won out (as it always does...)

Happy Friday and Happy Nom-Noming!

No comments:

Post a Comment