Thursday, July 28, 2011

Lions, and Tigers, and Clowns, OH MY!!

Tonight I went to the Circus, which is something I haven't done in years!  I might be safe to say decades, even!  Steph bought tickets in April/May-ish and (sadly?) I've been looking forward to tonight ever since.  One of my favorite childhood memories is of going to the Circus and being completely mesmerized by all the animals and clowns and trapeze artists!

Was it as great as I remembered?  Sadly, not at all...it was still a great show, don't get me wrong, but it didn't have that magical essence it held when I was a kid.  And there were hardly any animals!  There were elephants and tigers...and ponies, llamas, and a dog.  Oh.  And a Longhorn.  Really?!  C'mon Barnum & Baileys, give me some bears growling and lions jumping through flaming rings!

There was also a lot more dancing than I remembered.  I kinda felt like I was in a dumbed-down version of the "SYTYCD" tour.  I guess I just have very high expectations when dancing is concerned.  To be expected, of course.

All in all, a good show and a good time (even though it seems my post would suggest otherwise)!  I must just be in a critical mood!  But the kids loved it so that's good - maybe this will be one of their favorite childhood memories!  (And who knows, maybe my parents were thinking the exact same thing as I am now back when they took me!)

Here are just a few pictures and videos of the night:

I wanted to throw up while watching this - I was so nervous for them the whole time!




My sweet Kenna :)

Precious Rynn :)




I LOVE the trapeze artists - they've my favorite!



Thanks Ringling Bros and Barnum & Baileys for a great Thursday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment