Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hear Me Rahr

Today I made it one step closer to accomplishing my goal of running a half marathon: I finished my first race!  I did the Rahr Brewery Oktoberfest 5k in Fort Worth.  Up until this morning it was at a "TBD" status considering my ankle still looked like a balloon.  However, given the determined stubborn person I am, I pushed through.  The thought of wasting the $35.00 bucks I forked over for it was a big proponent.

Here we are pre-race/pre-sweat:

I had to stop three different times for a minute or so to allow my ankle pain to subside but considering it was still swollen and achey I don't think that's too shabby.  And Zac was sweet enough to stop with me every time :)

Here we are post-race/still sweating/squinting:

And my awesome friend, Paul, who's company hosted the race:

One thing I do know, is that I'm now addicted.  Addicted to the race atmosphere, addicted to the feeling of accomplishment, and addicted to legitimately working toward something on my life bucket list.  So here I am, race world, hear me roar rahr!

No comments:

Post a Comment