Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy Birthday...To Me!

Today is my birthday. Which I typically dread because I always have the worst luck on these days (read: I've cried every year on my birthday since...a long time).  However, my dumb luck just might be changing...

While the rest of my life seems to be breaking and crashing down around me, today was actually a pretty great day - thanks to some pretty awesome people in my life!

I walked into work to find my desk decorated with hats, balloons, streamers, and blowers.  See below:

Thanks, Gretchen!!

A few minutes later Brittany walked in with Einstein's Bagels.  My favorite.  These girls know me so well.  I wish I would have gotten a picture of the deliciousness...

After our pow-wow in the cafe, I came back to my desk to find presents from the other Recruiting girls:

Thanks Brittany and Sarah!!

As if being armed with a new scarf, fantastic candle, and a gift card to DSW wasn't enough (on top of a scrumptious breakfast and awesome decorations!), we ordered in Greenz for lunch (one of my favs) and they brought me cupcakes from The Cupcakery.  They truly went above and beyond to make me feel special:


After work I met up with my parents at one of my favorite Uptown restaurants, Dream Cafe.  Yum.  We came back to mom's chocolate cake (DELICIOUS) and presents.  To give you a little insight into how diverse and "all over the place" I am with my interests, this is what my parents got me for my birthday:

1) Two Jane Austen books ("Sense and Sensibility" and "Pride and Prejudice") from Anthropology.  They have these ornate hard covers that make them look vintage.

2) A cordless power drill.

3) A Keurig.

And there you have it, folks.  It's almost 11:00 PM and I haven't cried, yet!  Only an hour left of my birthday and I think I'll make it ;)  It's been a truly wonderful day and I feel so blessed to have such amazingly thoughtful people in my life!

Happy Birthday...to me!  Woo.

No comments:

Post a Comment