Sunday, May 13, 2012

Recently.


Recently I've been spending a bit of extra time with a special certain someone.  Sorry, Blog World, you had to take a back seat for a bit.  My boyfriend recently took a job in Houston ::cue melodramatic sad music:: and although I am thrilled for him (dream job, yada yada), I can't pretend I'm not a little bit sad.  Ok, a lot a bit sad.  And considering this is projected to be a two year gig, I've been trying to soak up any extra time I can while he's still here!  I've definitely made hanging out with other friends and my family a priority as well, but have given up a lot of my "me" time (i.e. blog/reading/sleeping time) in the last few weeks to spend it with him.  But here are some of the fun things I've been up to as of late:

Hosted a baby shower for Sarah and Baby Zygs:



 Went to a Crawfish Boil:



 Hosted a Kentucky Derby Potluck at my apartment:






 Made my first completely home cooked meal in....too long to remember:


 Finished out our winter kickball league and then started our new one:



 Took a long weekend and went to visit my parents - tried out the local Mexican cuisine:



And then went exploring through their new town of Liberty Hill, TX:




Spent a Monday night playing beer pong at Stan's Blue Note.  Won 14 straight games:


Had an early Cinco de Mayo potluck at work:


Met Steph for a mambo taxi (or three!) at Mi Cocina:


Kicked off Cinco de Mayo weekend with a Mexican Beer Cart Friday at work:


Pet sat this little guy for a night:


It's been a fun few weeks I suppose...

No comments:

Post a Comment