Monday, June 11, 2012

Float On

The same weekend I went skydiving (read here or, you know, scroll down), I also went and floated the river (one of my favorite things in the world).

We started the afternoon with a little Beer Cart Friday at work...


...and soon scooted out of the office and were southbound 35.  We, of course, stopped at the Czech Stop to get some awesome kolaches and what would soon be deemed a dozen cheesy chubbies (their real name - I'm not funny enough to make that up).


Upon arriving in Austin (and thanks to my consultant friends' top Hilton status) we were soon upgraded to a suite with an additional connected room.  Sure, don't mind if I do :)


Once the rest of our group made it to Austin, we spent the evening snacking, drinking, and enjoying each other's company until it was time to head to 6th Street!

The Cheesy Chubby Car.

Get it together.


As luck would have it, we walked into the first (well, only...) bar of the evening to find a whole group of my Aggie friends!  Always nice to find familiar faces on vacation.


So lucky to have such awesome work friends:




Below is mine and Michael's "grandma and grandpa" picture of the trip.  Although everyone should be impressed (and then eat their words!) that we both stayed up past midnight AND had more than just one drink (after I so determinedly claimed I would stop at one).  AND with minimal complaining about being tired.  Go us.


I proceeded to get absolutely 0 pictures of the group on the river and 0 pictures of the epic BBQ fat-fest we arranged at Rudy's afterwards so I guess you'll just have to imagine the incredible time we had floating down the river on a beautiful Saturday afternoon through the hill country.  It's a rough life I tell ya.

Until my next river trip in August...float on.

No comments:

Post a Comment