Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pizza Practice

Wow.  What a whirlwind of a past few weeks it has been.  I feel as though I have literally been non-stop.  (Oh wait, this is every week for me).  But regardless, there are so many things I want to document via blog so that when I'm old and gray and look back on this, I'll remember how much I loved my life.

As many of you know, I'm super organized and a little OCD.  The outcome of this is that I tend to compartmentalize my life and have lists for everything.  Ev.er.y.thing!  Like all the places I want to eat and the foods I want to try.  One of the things that topped that list was tackling a home-made pizza.

Sounds easy, right?  For most folks, sure.  But read this and you'll understand why this was quite a feat for me!

Last week my college roommate, Zach, came over and we got to work on our pizza masterpiece.  Zach was awesome enough to make the home-made dough the night before (read: I think he just didn't trust me to help with this part) so we were ready to roll right from the beginning:


I was soon gifted the responsibility of grating the fresh mozzarella (read: Zach thought this was something I couldn't screw up):



He was right - I grated that cheese like a champ.  After my boost of confidence with the cheese, I volunteered to spread all the ingredients on after Zach chopped it all:


Yeah.  I dare you to tell me that doesn't look delish!  While we were letting that bake in the oven, I brought out my major contribution to the meal.  Wine:



Any of my friends can tell you I always have wine on hand.  Always.  The one thing I can't seem to master, however, is how to open it without splitting the cork:


But my former roomie knows me well, and has successfully figured out how to beautifully dislodge a broken cork from the bottle:


After a glass (or two...) of wine, the pizza was soon ready to be served.  Yum:



We just added a few avocado slices to this cheese, roasted tomato, and fresh basil pizza and we were ready to scarf down this wonderful home-made masterpiece:





I can now check "make a home-made pizza" off my food bucket list!

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious!!! I love making homemade dough then just freezing some for a rainy day. Nice quick meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to look into getting an automatic wine opener. I used to always crack the corks when opening a bottle of wine until I got one. It works magic!

    ReplyDelete