Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Painting With a Twist

Last Thursday I got crafty again with Painting with a Twist.  Essentially you bring your own wine and they walk you through a painting.  I naturally signed up for the Merlot Medley painting a month and a half in advance to ensure I secured my spot.  My kitchen is decorated in red/maroon with wine bottles all over.  I needed this painting.  And after the super stressful week I had, a night of dinner, wine, and painting with two of my greatest friends was just what the doctor ordered!

Carrie and me.

Lauren and me.

The three of us.  Don't mind my peek-a-boo stance...

The only other time I've been to Painting with a Twist was for a friend's birthday so we had our own private room, got to pick our painting (essentially the night was catered to us), etc, etc...so I was really excited to experience this class in a normal group setting.  And it did not disappoint - so fun!

Last time I really wish I would have taken more pictures along the way so I could document the process.  I made a point to do so this time around:

1. Brand spankin' new canvas. And wine.

2. Draw on the wine glasses and paint red.  And then darker red.

3. Add black and mix different shades of red/maroon.

4. Mix different pinks and corals.  Then outline your wine glass.

5. Swirls.

6. Accents and finishing touches.

Personally I like to think it looks better in person because you lose some of the little accents with the camera.  But whatevs.

Such a fun night with my best friends!

It's funny to me that we all three started with the same blank canvas, received the same instructions, and had the same paint and brushes, yet came out with paintings that actually look pretty different...

I'm interested to see how different our next paintings will be!  Because, yes, I think we're all addicted now :)


No comments:

Post a Comment