Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Boot. Camp.

Last night I experienced what might possibly be the hardest workout of my life.

Ok, that might be an exaggeration.  I did some pretty intense stuff back when I was dancing all the time.  But last night was definitely the hardest workout I've done in a long time.

My friend Brittany and I signed up for this outdoor bootcamp class.  We headed to the park last night, yoga mat and weights in tow.  Right as we get to the meeting spot it starts raining.  A couple other participants suggest to our camo and boot glad instructor that class be postponed due to the weather.  

His response?  "I don't know what you're talking about...I hold class in the rain."

What?!  Ok...

Brittany and I decided to stick it out.  I mean, how awful could it be, right?  Ha!  The next hour continued to be the most painful, miserable work out experience I've had in a while.  I'm slipping on wet grass while I'm doing sprints, I'm falling in mud while doing push ups, and rain is stinging my eyes as I do sit ups in a puddle of freezing water on my yoga mat.  I quite literally felt like I was in a real, true army bootcamp.  

Miserable though it might have been, I felt accomplished once I finished and proud that I stuck it out.  I am definitely feeling the side effects today, though, being that it's hard to lift my arm to brush my hair and almost unbearable trying to walk down a flight of stairs...

...until next week (since I'll be galloping around Boston and NYC for the next seven days), Hooyah!

No comments:

Post a Comment