Monday, November 14, 2011

Oddfellows

In keeping with the "trying new restaurants" phase I'm in, I took on a new one over the weekend.  Friday night Taylor, Alan, Stephen, and I headed to the Bishop Arts District in search of some good food.

Standard Ashley-Taylor photo.

After our dreams of dining at 'Tillman's Roadhouse' were crushed with an hour long wait, we refocused our appetites and stumbled upon this little gem:

Oddfellows.

Famous for their breakfast which, unfortunately, is not served all day, I was a little leery of what their dinner menu might hold.  But alas, it was already 8:30pm and our tummies were rumbling.  We decided to give it a shot.  And good thing we did!

The boys started with beer while Taylor and I got these babies:

"The Great Escape."  Crevasse vodka, grapefruit juice, lemon juice, simple syrup, pink peppercorns, mint.  Yum.

Check out the ice cubes; they're huge!

Our entrees were equally as appetizing.  Alan got some fried chicken, which I failed to get a picture of.  Taylor and Stephen both got this delicious Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese:


And I conquered something I've been wanting to check off my food bucket list for quite some time now, Chicken and Waffles:


It was all absolutely as delicious as it looks.  The drinks were creative, the food was unique, and we definitely ran into some strange folks which was the cherry on top of the whole night out.  In case you're unfamiliar with Dallas, The Bishop Arts District is smack dab in the middle of Oak Cliff.  Oak Cliff is the hood.  For realz.  Although the few blocks that comprise this booming arts district are fine, it's still not a place I would venture after dark sans guys or sans large group.  So when we ran into some folks that I'm pretty sure were missing half their teeth (and their heads), I felt like our trip to 'the other side of the railroad tracks' was complete.

Although I'm not sure it quite rivaled The Meddlesome Moth from last week, it was definitely money and time well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment