Monday, November 7, 2011

Weekend Wedding

As introduced in Friday's post, I had a wedding in Houston this weekend.  It was for two of my sweet friends, Angela and Richard, who met when we were all in Camp McBryde (Fish Camp) together three years ago.  Quite a few of us made the trek down to H-town to share in the celebrating, and had quite a fun time doing so.

Late Friday night I flew into Houston and my old DG partner, Tony, picked me up from the airport.  We met some of my friends at a fun bar in Montrose, Royal Oak, to grab a drink.  The ambiance was great and it was, of course, wonderful catching up with these great people that I see entirely too little of.  Caught up in great conversation, we completely forgot to take pictures until the ride home:

Loved seeing you, Alex!!

And when we did, some people were less inclined to cooperate:

Typical - intentionally ruining my photo.

I was staying with Tony all weekend so Saturday morning we woke up and walked down to this fantastic breakfast place, Baby Barnaby's, where I had the most scrumptious migas and potatoes ever.  Topped with a cup of coffee, an english muffin, and a great view of the artsy neighborhood, I was a happy girl.  The rest of the day held a quick trip to the Galleria, watching a heartbreaking Aggie game, and a little stint of working before we hopped in the shower and headed to the wedding.

The ceremony itself was super long but super awesome.  The church was beautiful and everything went smoothly.  The priest even sent out a special blessing for us "single people" in the crowd.  I wasn't sure if I felt grateful or offended.  We were also told that, being non-Catholics, if we were to take communion, we needed to cross our arms in front of our chest when we approached to receive it so he knew to give us a special blessing.  Hmm...maybe I'm confused at what God they're praying to, but mine likes me just fine as my non-Catholic self.  Rude.  I refrained.

The reception was at a country club and also quite fantastic.  There was plenty of wine and a really cute 'library' theme:

We sat at the "Great Gatsby" table.

It was also a really classy reception (think: fruit in champagne glasses/chocolate covered strawberries type).  Quite a few of my friends from college were there (split between the "Great Gatsby" table and the "Romeo and Juliet" table) so we met on the dance floor to 'wobble' the night away:

Not the wobble, but equally as fun.

Camp McBryde picture.

Overall the night was wonderful.  The wedding was beautiful and I got to hang out with some of my great friends I had really been missing while working so much the past couple of months.  A successful night for sure:

Jessie and Jeremy...they might just have the next 'McBryde wedding'...

My fantastic date and former DG partner, Tony.

Mr. And Mrs. Richard Harris.

Once upon a time I was a wee little counselor in her camp...

The 'Ashley' picture.  Typical.

Cheers to a great weekend!  Now it's back to a week of work...

2 comments:

  1. When I first saw that picture of us, I was really confused as to where it was from. But then I remembered our car photo shoot! Loved seeing you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were baptized in the Episcopal church so technically you could have received communion without crossing your arms:) Looks like a fun wedding and a great time with old friends!

    ReplyDelete