Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Girls' Night

Tonight some girls from work and I had the ultimate "girls night"...shopping, dinner, and a movie tear jerker.

On top of getting a steal of a deal ($12 bucks for a Gap sweater?!) and sneaking our dinner into the theatre college-style, we saw one of the best movies I've seen in a really long time: 50/50


I laughed a lot, I was inspired by a lot, and I spent a lot of the movie with tears streaming down my cheeks.  I was honestly a little embarrassed thinking I was the only one of us crying (and trying to do the suave hair-sweep/eye-wipe maneuver) until at one phenomenally touching part my friend Kellee turns to me and, tears flowing from her eyes, exclaims "This is soooo sadddd."  Almost if on cue, the three of us start bawling in the theatre, passing our pile of dinner napkins between us.

The movie was really fantastic; a great mix of laughter and tears.  If you're looking for a good flick to see and want something that will really bring ya back down to earth, check out 50/50.  You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment