Monday, October 31, 2011

Fall Themed Festivities

This weekend held a lot of Fall-ish/Halloweeny things for me.  On Friday afternoon/evening, we hosted an office Halloween Party for BCGers and their families.  We decorated the 23rd floor complete with trick-or-treating for the kids, booze for the adults, and food and fun for everyone.  The recruiting girls decided to dress up like crayons for the day:

It's a great day when you can wear jeans and sneakers to work.

Sarah and me with our Manager, Jen...cutest costume, ever!

The actual party itself was several weeks (months, really...) in the making for Jen and myself and tons of time decorating and numerous last minute runs to Target/Walmart/Party City.  I very quickly learned how hard it is to full-out decorate almost an entire floor of your office.  And BCG likes to go big.  Here's just a little glimpse into some of the decorations:

Our cafe...

More of the cafe...

Entrance to the trick-or-treater hallway...

Before all the kiddos showed up...

Saturday night I went to a Halloween Party at a friend's apartment.  There were some pretty thoughtful and crazy costumes at the party which is always fun.  However, being that I had spent all my creativity and time the week before on my office party, I decided to reuse this little treasure:

Easy Mac...possibly my favorite costume of the night!

After a few hours of catching up with friends at the party, I left to meet some other friends at a bar downtown.  In the midst of all the zombies and firefighters, I ran into a few more of my kind:

I KEEP running into male Black Swans...

Sunday evening I hosted a potluck dinner for some work friends at my apartment.  We decided to go with a "Fall theme" for our food selection and ended up with a spread that was absolutely mouthwatering.  Our menu included:

1) Salad with the most amazing home-made, family-secret-recipe dressing ever
2) Bread rolls with a caramelized onion and cheesy center
3) Chicken Pot Pie
4) Butternut Squash Risotto
5) Corn pudding filled Acorn Squash
6) Red Wine
7) Rum-Spiked Hot Apple Cider
8) Pumpkin Pie
9) Apple Cake

Everything was home-made and absolutely delicious.  I believe we were all in a food coma at work today:



Lacey is taking the picture and Brittany wasn't there, yet, but it's a good shot of most of the group!!

HAPPY FALL, EVERYONE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment