Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thirsty Thursday Turns Tasty

My blog post was going to be titled "Thirsty Thursday" as my plans for the evening were to attend our monthly Aggie Happy Hour.  However, given that I was at work until 8:30 tonight, that wasn't so applicable anymore.

What is applicable, though, is a title about all the tasty food I scored while working late.  My office was hosting an alumni event which was, in true BCG fashion, catered with delicious food and fine wines.  So you better believe Brittany and I jumped at the chance of grabbing some when offered.  I mean, what Texas girl in her right mind wouldn't want some of this fantastic BBQ:


And you bet it was every bit as scrumptious as it looks!  And, yup, you guessed it...I devoured almost every single bit of it:


And, why yes, of course I had some dessert as well:


Don't worry - that was for both Brittany and me and we didn't even eat half of it.  One of our lucky friends enjoying the alumni event instead of working brought a sample plate over.  Fantastic.

So as you can see, my Thursday wasn't quite as thirst-quenching as I originally anticipated; although I can't say that I'm too terribly disappointed with how it turned out given the tasty pallet of food I was delivered!

Now I'm off to drink a glass of wine and watch my high school play on ESPN.  Hey, it might be heartbreaking at times to be an Aggie football fan, but my Allen Eagles always pull through ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment