Friday, October 7, 2011

Fortune Friday

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about my long-term goals for my life.  Where I want to be, what I want to be doing, who I want to be doing this with, and when I want to start doing whatever it is all the other questions have led me to.

At this point in my life, I'm exactly where I want, and feel I need, to be.  I have a job that I love and feel very blessed to have, I have amazing people in every aspect of my life, and I feel great about being out on my own, living in the city, and supporting myself.  But I do think there's something more, something bigger I haven't landed on, yet.  And that doesn't necessarily mean a different job, a new location, different friends, or an otherwise drastic change.  It just means I feel like I still have a big adventure left to live.

My goal in life is to positively change the lives of others; to leave an imprint on their heart.  For the first time since I joined Girl Scouts when I was in Kindergarden, I am not doing any type of regular volunteer work.  Living an essentially self-centered life doesn't fly with me.  Albeit it fun, I'm yearning for a little 'civic duty' action.  Being that this directly coincides with my overarching life goal, I'm sure my big life adventure will in someway play out in this.  I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about what I want to put my love and energy toward for the long term and I think I have a pretty good idea, I'm just a little unsure of how to take the plunge.

So when my office ordered in Pei Wei for lunch last Friday (yes, this post is referring to last Friday), I was ecstatic to open not just one, but two, fantastic fortunes which I feel were the encouragement I needed to push me into the right direction.

Fortune One: "Big journeys begin with a single step."

Fortune Two: "You will become more passionate and determined about your vision."

How perfect are those?  I feel like cracking open those fortune cookies was God's little way of helping to give me the reassurance and confidence that I'm heading into a good thing.  So will my big life adventure happen tomorrow?  Probably not.  Will I start preparing for it immediately?  Absolutely.

Stay tuned for updates on what this Fortune Friday leads to.

No comments:

Post a Comment