Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Meet Ghinells

You've met a few of my friends before.  And now it's time for another.  The woman you're about to meet is one of my favorite people in the world.  She is the "sit on the couch and eat an entire gallon of ice cream" and the "pick up and take a random roadtrip" and the "unashamedly sing and dance to N*Sync" kind of friend.  Basically we have a fantastic time every time we're together.

So...drum roll please...meet: Lauren Ghinelli.  Or, as I most often call her, Ghinells.

Our blooming friendship started just a few short years ago when I chose her to be a counselor in my camp. I was a co-chair that year and, from her interview scores and stellar application, I knew I wanted her for Camp Sharp.  I figured she'd be a great counselor and maybe even turn into a friend.  Both were a complete understatement...

Here's us.  Just being all cute at camp together.

She's turned into one of my absolute best friends and is encompassed in so many of my most favorite memories.

Like that one summer night in college we just drove around College Station and ran into this fella:


Or that one fall semester we went to the Ol Ags' Boston Tea Party together:


Or the time she helped me celebrate turning 22 at my favorite CS restaurant, La Bodega:

Shoutout to my other Hoemancer, Bri!  And our traditional Hoemancer picture.

We were also together for many a tailgate experience such as this:


And many an impromptu, middle of the week, cash in on Tuesday night specials at Madhatters outings like this:


I was there when she turned 21 on a Sunday and we were the only ones in the shot bar:


And again when she got her Fightin' Texas Aggie ring:


And then there was the time that she became a co-chair of her own camp:


And asked me to be her Campfire Speaker and speak to her freshmen at camp:


We had some repeat events like another Ol Ags' Boston Tea Party:


And another one of my birthdays:


But we continue to make new events as well.  Like when she helped me celebrate my graduation:


And the many River Trips we go on annually:


It's safe to say that, over the past three years we've stuck together like peanut butter and jelly.  Through our mutual love of old movies and a good bottle of wine, our numerous breakups and heartaches, and the emotional roller coaster that graduating college and beginning your life in the real world will become, she's continued, more and more each day, to be my anchor.  And she just might be the only person alive who is as "all over the place" as I am.  But I guess that's why we're best friends.

Even though our hectic lives have landed us in two separate cities, several hours apart, there's no doubt in my mind that she'll always be a huge part of my life!  


Love you, Ghinells!

No comments:

Post a Comment