Friday, November 4, 2011

My Love Affair with Love Field

I must say, my past two days have been rather hectic.  I flew to Austin yesterday mid-day just in time to check in to my hotel, grab a quick bite to eat, and head to UT's campus for our workshop.  Directly from there I hailed a cab and high-tailed it to the restaurant, Lambert's, where we were hosting our Pre-Interview Reception.  On top of this being a fantastically cool venue, they definitely know how to cook some darn good BBQ, as well.  After dinner and drinks, we walked down the street to the W Hotel where I dropped off my bags and met up with the rest of my friends in the bar for a bit of late-night fun.  A drink or two in and we decided to transition to 6th street - because what Austin trip is complete without this?!  We found two places great for dancing and found ourselves lost in old school blues, modern country, and classic rock remakes.  Top night.

I ended up missing my early flight this morning due to lack of sleep and traffic at Bergstrom.  Upon rescheduling and hopping on the next flight out, I discovered I wasn't the only BCGer who hadn't quite made their original departure time.  Oops.  Fifty minutes later and we descended upon Dallas where I promptly caught a ride with my colleague and made it just in time for our office lunch from Maggianos.  Phew.

After a day of catching up on work and with friends, I peaced out of the office at 5:30pm to rush home to pack (and blog...)  I'm catching a late-night flight down to Houston for a wedding tomorrow.

So my goodness, it has been a whirlwind of a past two days!  In the span of 36 hours I will have: taken three flights, been in Love Field three times, and visited Austin, Dallas, and Houston all in less that 12 hours.  Sheesh!

So here's to you, Love Field, we seem to have quite the love affair blooming ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment