Thursday, January 19, 2012

Diversity.

I love music.  I've always loved music.  And I think being a dancer for so many years taught me to appreciate the value of well-written music and the emotion it can evoke within you. I am, through and through, a lover of music.

What I am not is a music snob.  I'll take it all.  Well, almost.  I'm not a huge fan of the screaming stuff that you can't understand.  But even some of that I'll tolerate.  To give you a little taste of just how diverse my music selections are, here is a sample of what's hanging out in my "recently added" playlist on iTunes:

"Breakeven" by The Script
"Gettin' You Home" by Chris Young
"Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman
"Groovin'" by The Rascals
"Wish I Didn't Know Now" by Toby Keith
"Jack & Diane" by John Mellencamp
"New Soul" by Yael Naim
"Stereo Hearts" Gym Class Heroes
"Defying Gravity" Wicked Soundtrack
"Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People
"Roll With It" Easton Corbin
"Super Bass" Nicki Minaj
"Not Over You" Gavin Degraw
"Uptight" Stevie Wonder
"Mr. Jones" Counting Crows
"Wobble" V.I.C.

Ok.  So I judged myself a bit when I hit the "buy" button for "Wobble."  And yeah, so maybe I do the Wobble while I'm blow-drying my hair some mornings.  But don't act like you wouldn't do the same thing if you had that jam on your playlist.

But talk about all over the place.  And that's just a glimpse into my library.  My full iTunes list includes everything from classical to rap to blues to oldies.  I have some country in there, and some rock, some R&B and some Broadway pieces.  I'm not quite sure why I popped out loving music, but I can't remember a time when I didn't.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big music lover too! And yes, I've shook my tail feather to "Wobble" as well!

    ReplyDelete