Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Rain, Rain Go Away...

...so I can try out my new kicks!  That's right, I broke down and bought some genuine Brooks running shoes:


My goal was to surpass that 10k mark to ensure this was something I was going to a) physically be able to do and b) actually stick with and enjoy (at least a little) and then I would splurge on some good running shoes.  Being that my 10k was last weekend, it was about time these babies were purchased!

I went to Luke's Locker, which is awesome for this sort of thing.  They watched the way I walked bare-footed and had me jog around a bit.  After four of five different shoes, getting closer to a winner each time, I finally found "the ones."  I had two different pairs on and, although they both felt equally as "supportive" and "secure," the one on my left foot felt the most "comfortable."  Literally like I was walking on clouds.  And, I might add, they were surprisingly the more stylish ones.  Although "appearance" was at the very bottom of my priority list as I was seeking comfort, fit, and support, I couldn't help but be a little excited that the ones I had landed on happened to be pretty awesome looking as well!

Now to just get over the price hump.  Ugh.  I went into this ordeal (yes, ordeal) expecting to dish out a fair amount of dough (hence why I didn't purchase any until after I met my 10k goal!) but that doesn't mean I was excited about it.  Here went nothing.  I asked the guy what the price difference was between the one on my right and the one of my left.  He said the one on my right was $115.00 and the one on my left was $89.00.  Excuse me?!  $89.00 as in...under 100 bucks?!  For once in my life, my favorite was the less expensive.  SOLD.  Box those bad boys up, buddy!  I'll take 'em.

Of course it's been raining ever since so TBD on when I'll actually get to try them out.  But I may or may not have tried them on once or twice again last night...just because I could :)  How's that for a little motivation to hit the pavement, again?!

1 comment:

  1. I love when you find a good deal! And I hope it stops raining soon so you can take them out for a spin!

    ReplyDelete