Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tillman's Roadhouse

So my 'trying out new restaurants' initiative got a little side-tracked during the holidays.  That was to be expected.  However, as I come busting into the new year, I am back on track.  Last Friday night I went with some friends to try a place called Tillman's Roadhouse.  This little gem is nestled in the heart of The Bishop Arts District amidst trendy boutiques and other mouth-watering restaurants.  What was the big draw to this place for me?  S'mores.  Yes, graham cracker, chocolate bar, marshmallow'd s'mores.  But they ain't your typical s'mores...

We decided to grab dinner beforehand and just venture to Tillman's for drinks and dessert.  We cooked a chicken and artichoke lasagna at home (read: Taylor and Alan cooked lasagna) to save some mulah and limit our portion size.  I wanted absolutely nothing to stand in my way of enjoying those S'mores.  Especially an already full stomach.

My friend, Carrie, was in town so she and Chris joined the usual group and to Tillman's it was!  We were a little early for our 8:30pm reservation so we perused the streets and took in the ambiance of the area before settling down at our cozy little table.

First up were drinks and popcorn.  Stephen and Alan ordered a beer and Chris a Malbec while the girls decided to spice things up with this diddy:

My "87 Ways"

And this diddy:

Taylor's "Sassy Sara"

I didn't get a picture of Carrie's because she was across the table, but it looked (and apparently tasted!) just as charming.  Next on the to-order list were our s'mores.  We got one order which was large enough (and yummy enough!) to feed us all:


Let me tell you a little bit about what makes these babies so special and tasty.  They are homemade.  Every little bit of them.  Homemade graham crackers, homemade dark chocolate, and homemade flavored marshmallows.  They were currently serving blackberry, peppermint, and maple marshmallows and I might have most definitely had one of all three.  My goodness, folks.  These were awesome.  By the last marshmallow I pretty much had the roasting part down to an art:


Don't even try to tell me that doesn't look delectable.  Besides awesome food, the decor was stunning.  There were antlers and raw wood coupled with chandeliers and ornate drapes.  Talk about my kind of place!  And to top it off, I think each person made out with a $12.00 check.  Not too shabby for a nice cocktail and dessert from a ritzy restaurant.  If you want to scope Tillman's for yourself, check it out here.

After dinner we drove around the corner to The Belmont Hotel for an after-dinner drink.  And what we found was yet another stunning view - this time on the outside.  We made our way to the outdoor patio which sits on a hill overlooking downtown:


This historic boutique hotel also specializes in fancy drinks so I was, of course, convinced to top off the night with this complicated, yummy concoction of a cocktail before heading outside to take our obligatory photo of the night:


The group headed back to Uptown to conquer the night.  I, however, headed to bed to get ample sleep before my 10K the next morning.  Thus, my night ends here.  Until my next food-adventuring post, bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment