Friday, January 20, 2012

Reunited.

This week I received some of the best news I've received in a long time.  Twice.  Although I started the week kinda mopey as I said good-bye to my sister who went galavanting back to Boston, I ended it by welcoming two of my very best friends to the great city of Dallas.  That's right, two of my best friends from A&M both got jobs in Dallas this week.  How fantastic is that?  Lauren is from Houston and Carrie is from Maine so it's not like it was a given they were eventually gonna end up here, folks.  But I'm sure glad they did!

Carrie and I were roommates in college.  Lauren and I were practically roommates in college.

Lauren was there to start my first Fish Camp experience with me as counselors in 07.  Carrie was there to round it out with me as directors in 2010.

Together we've celebrated birthdays and graduations, taken spring break trips and dunked our rings together.  We were there when boys dumped us, and there when we dumped them.  We were together through the fun times and the stressful times; through growing up and discovering ourselves.

We've made a point of meeting up once every couple of months, no matter where in the state (or country!) we are.  And although that is great, and I've loved our little trips, nothing can compare to the day-to-day memories I have of us all living within five minutes of each other in College Station.

And now I get that back.  Woo!

Carrie and me: Spring Break 2010

Lauren and me: Ring Dunk

Carrie and me.

Lauren and me.

Now, if we're on the subject of 'relocating to the Big D,' I must mention another new arrival that just got transferred to Dallas last week: Bryan.  He is another college friend and although technically we sat next to each other in high school chemistry, we said about five words to each other the whole year.  So I've safely tucked him away into my "friends from college" pile:

Bryan and me: Freshman Year.

Bryan and me: Senior Year.

Welcome to Dallas, ladies (and gentleman), it's great to be reunited.  I foresee some wonderful times ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment