Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happenings

Things I managed to do this weekend:

  • Run 5 miles after work on Friday (go me!)
  • Go see 'We Bought a Zoo' with my sister Friday night (recommended flick.)
  • Visit the Franconia Brewery and go on a beer tasting and tour Saturday morning ($5 bucks for 2 1/2 hours of unlimited beer?  Talk about bang for your buck.)
  • Take a nap (my favorite.)
  • Hang out and eat dinner with Steph Saturday afternoon (who says DiGiorno's pizza and champagne don't go together?!)
  • Go to a New Years/Birthday Party for a work friend (so great catching up with everyone after the holidays!)
  • Venture into Deep Ellum to an awesome bar, The Amsterdam, Saturday late night (new favorite spot.)
  • Go on our four mile group run early Sunday morning (and see a coyote!)
  • Try brunch at Nick and Sam's grill (new love!)
  • Nap again (much needed.)
  • Go to the 5pm service at church (and learn that apparently 'go to church more diligently' was a popular New Year's resolution.)
  • Eat dinner at Cafe Express with my friend, Gretchen, Sunday evening (and have enough left over for Monday's lunch!)

Things I DIDN'T manage to do this weekend:

  • Laundry
  • Clean my apartment
  • Go to the grocery store
  • Take down my Christmas decorations
Oops...I'm obviously still in vacation mode.  Next week's work schedule should snap me out of it, though!

1 comment: