Monday, August 29, 2011

Bacca Bruises

As we always do on Monday nights, my softball team had a fun Happy Hour and an eventful softball game.

We entertained ourselves for a few hours at Stan's Blue Note (our sponsor bar) before the game.  I had these delicious babies for dinner:

Fried Mac'n Cheese.

...and a couple of beers to wash it down with.  Although the fried M&C was a bit greasy, it sure was good!  I could only stomach three or four, though, before I had to call it quits.

Being that it's our "sponsor bar" and we go for HH before our games every Monday, we've become quite chummy with the local bar staff.  So chummy, in fact, that our bartender friend, Michelle, gave us all fake tatoos for tonight's game.  In hopes that they might give us the super powers we need to pull out a 'W' against this 4-1 team, we slapped them on:

Does the skull and cross bones make me look more intimidating?!

After a couple hours of socializing, we headed to the field.  Being that this team had legit jerseys with numbers on the back (compared to [what I still believe are] our sweet t-shirts) and we got run-ruled in the first inning, I knew we were in big trouble.  Sure enough, we lost the game an embarassing 22-3.  Yikes.  I also took a line drive to the knee and will be sporting a pretty mean bruise in the coming days as it's already swollen, tender, and pink.  Yippee!  I love bruises.  I think when something hurts as bad as that did, you should at least have something awful looking to show for it.

In short, not one of our best games.  Our usual clutch players weren't on top of it this evening and although I was semi-proud of some of the plays I made, I'm definitely no huge asset to the team, either!  Oh well, I'm always down for some Happy Hour and Bacca Bruises.

1 comment:

  1. Is that Stephen?? I barely recognize him without some sort of beard going on!

    ReplyDelete