Sunday, August 21, 2011

Oh hey.

It's been awhile.  I've had a busy past few days to say the least.  What have I been up to?  Well...

We said goodbye to our interns with a smashing Farewell Dinner on Thursday night.  We went to Eno's in the Bishop Arts District and it was de-li-cious!  This is also where I discovered my affinity for the Beer Float.  Instead of Rootbeer, pour a little Moose Drool (chocolate beer) over a scoop of ice cream and its quite fabulous.

After a long night of eating, drinking, listening to music, socializing, eating some more, and playing darts, we called it a night and headed back to the office where a select group of about 20 troopers headed upstairs for some 'after-hours fun.'  In an effort to avoid incriminating anyone, I'll forgo dishing out the deets and just leave it at: it was a grand old time.

Friday was the interns' actual last day and they were so sweet to get all the recruiting girls a 'thank you' gift:

these are some of the people who made my summer at work so fun.

awesome candle.

Friday night I went to dinner/drinks/movie with some girls from the office.  If you haven't seen "The Help" yet, you need to make plans to do so now.  It is such an awesome film.  I laughed and cried all in the same scene and walked away with such a good feeling.  This movie gets five stars from me!

Saturday held the usual brunch (this time at Primos!) and then an exciting first for me, an FC Soccer Game:


Taylor, Alan, and I scored these awesome tickets for sideline seats, a hotdog, and a drink for $20.00 bucks!  Being that this rounded out my completed set of Dallas sporting events, I was super pumped to find such a great deal.

Best. Hotdog. Ever.

Can you tell from our faces we were hot, sweaty, and tired?!  Yes.

I rounded out the evening by walking to get drinks with a friend.  One of my favorite parts of living where I do?  Being in walking distance from House of Blues, Dick's Last Resort, and a few other notable restaurants and bars.  It's awesome.

Today was the typical Sunday for me.  Although I woke up and got ready for church just to realize there was no way I was ever going to make it on time :: which is a bummer :: that just meant I had even more time to spend with my family!  I headed to my parents' house for a little In-and-Out Burger, naptime, and pool with my sister.  One of my favorite things about visiting my parents (besides actually seeing them, of course!) is the delicious home-cooked meal I'm sure to get and all the goodies I get sent home with.  Today's meal of choice was brisket and baked potatoes.  Yum.  I also got sent home with a week's worth of fruit:

I'm so spoiled by my awesome mother :)

After a Sunday night softball practice and doing a few things around the house, I am absolutely beat!  Here's to hoping I can make it an early night for once!

No comments:

Post a Comment