Thursday, August 25, 2011

"Tonight the answer's Austin, for the Comal County Blue..."

That's right - tomorrow after work I am headed to one of my favorite places: The Texas Hill Country.  We're floating the Comal Saturday and I could not be more excited.  I definitely need a little vacation from my hectic schedule and floating down a river is exactly the cure, I think!

I absolutely adore river trips.  Something about being surrounded by nature with your best friends, listening to country music, a cold beer in your hand, and the sun beating down on you is just magical.  I've been floating rivers since I was so young I can't remember my first time.  Although it's definitely evolved over the years, the relaxing, yet exciting, feeling I get every time has stayed the same!

Here's a little tribute to some of my many river trips:

 (Comal River)

(Comal River)

(San Marcos River)

(San Marcos River)

(Frio River)

(San Marcos River)

(After the San Marcos River)

(Yup! Back to the SM...)

(SM obviously...)

Ok.  And now I'm tired of looking through my pictures to find others.  I haven't floated the Guadelupe in years being that it is always so low but I'm bummed I couldn't find a picture of it - it's where I got my floating start!  Obviously I'm somewhat of a 'river bum' and would definitely live on one of these beautiful pieces of nature if I could.  But alas, I must settle for my frequent summer trips to satisfy my craving.  Speaking of, I'm off to pack for said river trip!  Below is a little video clip to get you in the river mood!  


Jason Boland "Comal County Blues"


Until Sunday, au revoir Dallas!

1 comment:

  1. Pictures of me from when I was hardcore doing P90X make me depressed. But river times are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete