Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Wheel Syndrome

So in looking at my life realistically, I noticed there are quite a few things I'm decent at, and even a couple I'm pretty good at.  But what I'm really, really great at is being the 3rd, 5th, 7th, or 9th wheel.  I call this my "wheel syndrome."  I don't know if it's that I attract friends with a tendency to have significant others or if I repel prospects of my own.  Or potentially a solid mix of both.  But what I do know is that I very often end up as the un-paired, un-coupled, odd ball of the group.  I'm kinda great at being the black swan of the bunch.

But don't get me wrong, I don't really care.  And I'm definitely not asking anyone to feel sorry for me.  I actually kind of like it 95% of the time.  I am free as a bird to do as I please :)  It also helps that I have really awesome friends who, for the most part, do a great job of not making out in front of me (i.e. not making me feel as though I'm keeping them from an otherwise intimate, romantic date of an evening).  I also very much enjoy doing things by myself, on my own time, and in my own way.  I'm fully embracing the single part of my life.

But let me back peddle.  I went to see 'Friends with Benefits' tonight with some girls from work.  Besides highly recommending this to anyone who hasn't already seen it, it got me thinking...

Would I rather continue to be the single girl who has not a care in the world where relationships are concerned or should I make the switch to the girl who has a guy stage a flash mob for her in the middle of Grand Central Station?!  Honestly?  It's a complete toss up.  I'm really good at being single.  I often really suck at relationships.  But that movie really made me see the best of both worlds.  Darn you Mila and JT, I thought I knew what I wanted and you two go and throw a curveball in my plans...a flash mob?  Seriously?!  I could be tempted out of my bachelorette ways with a stunt like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment