Friday, August 5, 2011

Week . End . Re . Cap

I figured I should post on this past weekend before I get lapped by this coming one and the post becomes obsolete.

Friday night we had any intern event which consisted of (as I mentioned in last Friday's food post) dinner at Lonesome Dove and a comedy show in Fort Worth.  Combined with a little 'Idle Rich' to round out the evening, it turned out to be a top night for sure.

Saturday proved to be wonderful as well.  It started off with some brunch at Villa O.  Bottomless mimosas, sfuzzis, bellinis, and bloody marys.  Yum.  They also apparently have a nautical/yacht club theme going on and being that we did not receive this memo and promptly came underdressed, we took patio seats.  No big.  I just drowned in the deliciousness of their drinks, fancy water, and divine food.

deliciousness.

fancy water.


After brunch we headed to my pool for some sun and throwing of the football.  Taylor and I also whipped up some delicious drinks which pretty much consisted of us pouring whatever liquid was in arm's reach in my kitchen into the blender.  Luckily, they turned out to be wonderful.

Once we had exhausted the pool scene, we headed to Twisted Root where, because I was such a good sport about all the Aggie jokes the cashier was throwing out, he gave Taylor and me free food and drinks.  Uhh WHOOP!!  After the burgers, we found ourselves heading to The Library Bar at The Warwick Hotel.  (please note we had not showered, were wearing tshirts, and our hair was still wet from the pool = hot messes)  Amongst many dirty looks and snooty people, we finally ordered what we had made the trek out there for....Ice Cream Cocktails.

we only look decent because its dark

see? not appropriate to be in a classy hotel.

These drinks are just what they sound.  Ice cream, liquor, delicious.  Thank you, National Ice Cream Month, I adore you.  Being that they were ten dollars a pop, we only had one each and peaced out.

Sunday I went to church, bought some fabulous brown boots (which will sadly sit in my closet until it is not  110 degrees outside), purchased a few new work skirts, and ate a late lunch with my family.  That evening Taylor, Steph, and myself went to see Cirque du Soleil: Dralion.  AMAZING.  I caught myself with my mouth hanging open quite a few times.  These people were brilliant, just brilliant!!

Overall a great weekend.  Now to see what this next one shall hold :)  Toot-a-loo!

1 comment: