Sunday, May 8, 2011

Barstool For One, Please

Tonight I conquered one of my biggest fears - being at a bar alone.  Or any social, populated place for that matter.  I was meeting a group of girls I used to work with for a drink and for one good reason or another they were all late.  By at least 15 minutes.  So there I am, sifting through old text messages, ordering the drink of the night, absent mindedly watching the Boston/Miami game, and inching away from the awkward, older guy next to me.

I felt oddly sophisticated.  I even kinda liked it.  Although I probably definitely won't make it a regular thing to do in my spare time, it wasn't half bad.

So, if I'm ever caught in an "I'm running late - be there in a bit" situation again, I think I just might ask for that barstool for one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment