Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chi Town

As promised, here's a little peek into my wonderful Chicago trip last week.  I went with two other girls that I work with for our North American recruiting training.  We were there for a full two days and used every single bit of it to our advantage.  Amidst tons of training and work, we also got tons of fun and play time in.  Here are some of the highlights from the trip:

View from the 47th floor of our Chicago office.  Incredible view of the city.

I am very spoiled to work for a company who really values the luxury of having a nice office.  Our Chicago office is no exception.  Besides having an absolutely stunning office space, they have amazing 360 degree views of the city.


Out enjoying the Chicago nightlife.

The recruiting team was treated to cocktail hour on the roof of this quaint restaurant and the most amazing three-course meal.  We ventured to check out the Chicago nightlife after and I must 
admit that, even with being in my work clothes, I have no complaints :)
 

Just walking downtown; ready for another day at the office!

So apparently to every native Chicago-an everything is "just down the street" or "right around the corner."  Although heeding their advice and opting to walk (miles) in heels rather than snag a cab was not ideal, it gave us a great opportunity to immerse ourselves in the city!  I felt like a true city girl, wheeling my luggage around and all!


Millennium Park.  

Since our training ended early afternoon on the second day, and our manager was awesome enough to suggest we take a later flight out to save time to enjoy the city, we did just that and decided to play "tourist" for the afternoon!  After an awesome Architectural Boat Tour, we headed to Michigan Ave. and Millennium Park.  Although none of us quite caught on to what the "Bean" hype was all about, we definitely weren't leaving Chicago without this signature picture!

All in all this was a fabulous vacation work trip that I feel so fortunate to have had the opportunity to be apart of!  And plus, now I can check "Chicago" off my list of places to visit!  

No comments:

Post a Comment