Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Weekend Adventures

This past weekend held many wonderful Dallas adventures - an eclectic grouping of events, if you will!  Friday night and Saturday morning I went to this conference at my church: "Single's Conference 2011: The Kingdom is at Hand."  There were several speakers and sermons and lots of awesome worship including a Christian rapper.  Although bits of it were too much of a 'production' for my liking (and just strange because The Village is usually pretty 'plain jane'), the message was legit: learn to be content with the wonderful places you are in your life and continue to press into the Lord and your personal relationship with him.  Life doesn't start at marriage, things don't get 'easier when you're married,' and tomorrow is not promised so don't waste today holding out for what might never come.  I obviously don't regurgitate it quite as eloquently as the pastors presented it, but the take-away was good, I promise :)

Saturday night I went out to eat with my parents and then met up with some wonderful A&M friends in Uptown.  It was just four of us and after recalling many a fun time in good ol' College Station, it definitely made me wish I could slip back into the college life for just a little bit...oh well.  Making money is fun, too.

Sunday morning my sister and I went to church, lunch (if a drive-through Whataburger meal counts), and to see a Dallas Summer Musical: Dolly Pardon's new one, 9-5!  It was actually really good and quite funny.  And I got to check something off my "Dallas Bucket List!!"  My sister and I purchased this package of three shows (9-5, Stomp, and Guys and Dolls) at a discounted price so we'll be getting our artsy fartsy pants on quite often these next few months!

This weekend was quite the whirlwind with so many different things going on but it was all so enjoyable I didn't mind!  Stay tuned for a post on this next weekend's adventures - its sure to be just as crazy and eventful!

No comments:

Post a Comment