Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Not So In-N-Out Trip

They recently built an In-N-Out Burger about five minutes from my house.  For those of you who may have been living under a rock for the past decade, In-N-Out is a burger chain featuring a wisely limited selection of scrumptious burgers.  Basically you choose a #1, #2, #3 - also known as a single, double, or triple.  But what makes them a cut above the rest?  The bread is soft, the meat is good, the veggies (so I've heard) are always fresh, and the fries are yummy.  The kicker?  Up until now they've only populated the far western states (Cali, Nevada, etc).

Upon hearing they would be transcending upon the Lone Star State, and even more so just a quick jog away from my house, I had very bittersweet feelings arise.  Yes, I absolutely adore their food and love collecting their tshirts (they make for GREAT conversation starters among strangers).  However, its always been a little bit of the "want what you can't have" type idea that keeps me eating five of them in a one-week, California vacation.  The "coolness" of them being something "foreign" definitely had ahold of me.  And I liked it.  But now?  Now I can get them ANYtime I want.  How boring is that?  Or so I thought...

It opened its doors over a week ago and it has had a line of people extending well outside the front doors and a line of cars snaking around the building, through the parking lot, and down the road (so extravagantly that they had to call in the police to man the traffic) constantly.  And its not like I've only driven by at dinner time - which would still be ridiculous - but oh, no, I've driving by at 2:00pm, 2:00am, 6:30pm, 8:00am.  It. Is. Insane.  For a burger?  Really, people?

It's good.  But it ain't THAT good.



I couldn't get a picture of the lines but I DID manage to nab a picture of the actual restaurant while waiting at the stoplight.  Oh In-N-Out burger, how your name is such a false advertisement right now...

Maybe in a month or so when the crowd dies down I'll swing by and grab a bite.  I hope its as good in Tejas as it is on the west coast!  

1 comment:

  1. I told Aaron he has to take me when we're in Arlington this weekend. I have been craving it for 4 years [the last time I was in L.A.]!!!

    ReplyDelete