Monday, May 9, 2011

Bookshelf Bargains

Important thing to know about me: I will NOT watch a movie until I've read the book first.  Unless I don't realize it's based on a book and then the movie is fair game (obviously).

So when I was sitting in the theatre a few weeks back and saw the amazing preview for 'Water for Elephants' I very quickly added the title to my "must see movie" list and subsequently my "must read ASAP" list.  And so ensued a trip to my local Borders.

The thing about me and books is that I love them.  Almost all of them.  And especially new ones (or really old ones).  This does not often bode well for a girl on a budget.  Especially when they entice me with bargain signs.

What do I see upon first entering the beautiful bookstore?  A buy one, get one half off sale table.  Just intending to casually peruse the selections, to see if I could find any real steals and critique which authors and titles they chose to advertise, I strolled up and down, and all around the tables.  Uh oh.  Laying there just begging for a home were two books currently topping my "must read ASAP" list.  "Eat, Pray, Love" because I am dying to see the movie, but ::in abidance to my personal policy:: will not until I read the novel and "Heart of the Matter" because I have read every other Emily Giffin book.  How could I pass up this BOGO 1/2 off sale?!  I couldn't.  After snatching up these great deals, I headed back to the lit section to seek out the novel I had actually come to purchase in the first place.

So...with "Water for Elephants" in hand, sandwiched between two other self-deemed must-haves, I headed to the cash register where they promptly gave me a surprise 33% discount for being such an avid customer.  Win again.

Buy one, get one 1/2 off AND 33% off.  Not bad for three of my current craves!

1 comment:

  1. I've been purposely keeping myself away from all book stores recently. Given the opportunity [and money] I would buy EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete