Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bars and Cars

My Friday night consisted of the two above things: Cars and Bars.

My company had an office event and rented out a theatre at Studio Movie Grill for the staff and their families to see the showing of 'CARS 2.'  The experience was pretty fun (you can't beat free food and drinks!) and it was my first time at SMG so that's one more thing I can check off my list of things to experience!  As for the movie itself?  I've seen better and wouldn't really recommend it...

Later that night I met up with some friends at Manhattan's in Uptown.  Being that it was their one year anniversary everyone was treated to free (yes, FREE!!) drinks until 11:30pm, compliments of the Grey Goose sponsorship.  Score.  I did make a faux pas when first arriving, though.  There was a long line of pissed looking girls standing outside the bar and the bouncer at the door had a list so I all of a sudden started getting nervous - I was going to be really embarrassed if I got turned away!  Here's how our conversation went:

Me: (hands bouncer ID)
Bouncer: (starts scrolling down the list and flipping pages)
Me: "Uhh do we have to be on the list to get in?"
Bouncer: (gives me a 'you're an idiot' look, flips the page again, and points to a name that is definitely not mine) "You are on the list.  See?"
Me: (picks up on what's happening) "Ohh, riiight. Ok." (Jerks thumb at guy friend next to me) "But he's on the list, too, right?"
Bouncer: (rolls eyes) "Yes, haha, he's on the list, too"
Me: "Ok thanks.  Sorry.  Uhh I obviously don't come to clubs much." (Proceed to be glared at by line of angry girls)

Phew.  I guess I'm flattered I 'made the cut' although quite embarrassed I made an idiot of myself.  So much for being suave, huh?  I didn't realize Manhattan's was that kind of bar that only let certain people in...

After we cashed in on a few free drinks, the group made our way across town to Barcadia.  This might be my new favorite spot.  It's a bar off Henderson that has a ton of games: Ms. Pacman, Skee Ball, a huge Jenga set (and if you've been keeping up with my blog, you know I'm a big fan), and my very favorite: Connect Four!  Apparently I suck at Ms. Pacman, am decent at Skee Ball, and greatly excel at Connect Four.  I may have been on quite the winning streak last night - 8 out of 9 games won!  Here are a couple pictures from Barcadia:

Stephanie was a huge fan of the Jenga.  I, however, am starting to become quite apprehensive about these life-size Jenga games I keep playing.  I lost with both the one in College Station AND this one and get so nervous every time they start to tumble that I freak out really bad.  Last night resulted in me jumping so badly that I spilled my drink all down the left side of me and all in my hair.  Gross.

Giant Connect Four.  Seriously.  Favorite bar game ever.  I want to make one of these for my apartment.

So my Friday night was somewhat of a flashback to my childhood.  Except with booze.  Animated feature films and arcade games - sweet.  Tonight I went to see a fireworks show and tomorrow I'm going to the New Kids on the Block/Backstreet Boys concert so that rounds out my juvenile weekend quite nicely.  More to come on these exciting events in a future post.  Until then, I'm off to read Harry Potter until bedtime ;)

Seriously.  What am I?  12 again?!



No comments:

Post a Comment