Monday, June 27, 2011

Rounding Out Nicely

As aforementioned in my previous post, I had quite the weekend reminder of adolescence.  CARS 2 and an arcade bar kicked it off on Friday and on Saturday night I did one of my favorite things ever:

Please excuse my crappy iPhone pic.  
It really looked super beautiful in person!

Oh how I adore firework shows - especially the really awesome ones that are choreographed to hip, fun, entertaining music like the one I sat through on Saturday.  I think what I like most is that it's pretty and, more importantly, it's at a distance (I am terrified of fire in close proximity to myself).  Shooting off just a few blocks from my house, I made the trek up there with my friend, Gena, and we plopped down on the grass to wait for this monumental occasion.
 
Unfortunately I think I realized I have a grass allergy.  Note to self: bring a blanket or lawn chair next time.  But that's neither here nor there.  What is pertinent is what happened the next night which proceeded to round out my weekend flashback of childhood:

Why, yes, that is New Kids on the Block.

And right, again, that is Backstreet Boys.

And yup, those are two of BCG's finest decked out in full 80s/90s gear!

Not pictured left: white washed, rolled up jeans, and Keds.  Not pictured right: leggings, pink leg warmers, and Keds.  Needless to say, we were hot.  All in all we had a pretty good time.  We had three suites in AAC which immediately turned into a raging party of 50ish professionals shamelessly singing :: and dancing :: along to an embarrassingly large number of NKOTBSB songs.

So there you have it: an animated feature film, a series of childhood games, a mesmerizing fireworks show, and a throwback tween concert.  I do believe my weekend rounded out quite nicely!  

1 comment:

  1. Not gonna lie, when I first glanced at that picutre, I thought the fireworks were in the shape of a penis. But you know my mind just works like that.

    ReplyDelete