Thursday, June 2, 2011

Slew of Shoes

A few weeks ago my chocolate brown pumps broke.  It wasn't the actual heel snapping like you would expect, nor the unsightly scuffing that so many of my other shoes have fallen victim to; but rather, the arch part snapped.  Snapped!  So now whenever I walk, the shoe caves in on itself making for an extremely treacherous walking experience.  Ergo, I have been on the hunt for a new pair of classic, brown, professional-esque pumps.  Easy, right? Wrong!

I. have. looked. ev-er-y-where!  I've looked at boutiques and department stores, bargain bins and designer shops.  I get it, its summer and chocolate brown is a dark, winter color.  But its also a staple color!  There are still mounds upon mounds of black heels stuffed in stores in every height, material, shade, and style you want!  And I currently have several pairs of newly hemmed brown and khaki slacks hanging in my closet growing quite lonely...

The exciting news wrapped up in this shoe quest is the awesome deals I've stumbled upon and subsequently taken advantage of!  I am now the proud owner of two new pairs of flats (one professional and one fun pair to replace my worn-out, hole-infested Toms) and two new pairs of heels (one vintage, peep-toe, leather, wedge heel and one basic two tone camel leather pump).  And the clincher?  All four of these are either from Nordstroms or Nine West and I got all four for a whopping $130.00!!  That's easily the price of one pair of nice pumps, folks!  I love great quality at a bargain price.

But circling back to my chocolate brown pumps...if anyone in the DFdub happens upon a pair that look spectacular and are a decent price, please pass them my way!  Until then, I shall relish in my newly acquired slew of shoes!  Best of luck to all you other bargain hunters out there - I've seen some great deals, lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment