Thursday, June 16, 2011

GO MAVS

I knew today was already going to be better than the norm because of one amazing thing: we could wear jeans and tshirts to work!  In honor of our beloved Mavericks, our office was allowed to wear all our Mavs gear AND, if we wanted, take the morning off to go to the parade.  Fantastic.

I definitely decided to partake in the jeans/tshirt opportunity.  Although I couldn't find any of my Mavs jerseys or tshirts (I can only assume they're still packed away in boxes from college) nor could I find any to purchase at Walmart, I did find a gigantic Mavs sticker for $2.50.  Score.  So off I went to work today decked out in my black skinny jeans, keds (remember these?!), and white v-neck adorned with said sticker (that counts, right?!).

Well little did I know my day was about to get ten times better...I had already planned to watch the parade from our terrace (we're one block from AAC) and we had the live feed of it running from all the TVs in our kitchen (as well as my personal external monitor).  What I didn't expect, however, was to be handed a free ticket to a catered suite in the American Airlines Center to be a part of the Mavs celebration and interviews in person!! Super score.

So at 12:00pm today I trudged the block to the AAC and very much enjoyed my little half-day sabbatical from work in the company of co-workers, free food, and booze.  It. Was. Awesome.  Although it was a tad difficult to go back to work after such an exciting afternoon!

Here are a few pictures from the day:

Dallas Mavericks: NBA Champions - Whoop!


 My very favorite player. Ever.

 All the players and Mark Cuban.

 MVP.  Look at that bling.

Just a few BCGers.  Please note my big blue sticker.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky girl!! I'm no Mavs fan, but this is pretty cool :)

    ReplyDelete