Monday, June 13, 2011

Kid at Heart

Lately I've spent a lot of money...on a lot of not fun stuff: Last week before I left town, I paid off my Macy's card (that I really only opened to snag the 30% off), I put a decent amount toward my student loans, and I filled up my gas tank for the second time that week.  And just now I paid off my credit card (two weeks before it is due!) and wrote my parents a fat check for the money I had borrowed from them.

::Now please excuse me while I wallow in a corner about the sorrows 
of being a grown up with responsibilities and bills::  

Ok, I'm done.  But I'm honestly not too worried about it.  I actually kind of like it.  I like being responsible for myself and I love making my own money.  And please, I'm still a kid at heart...

...as is noted by the Birthday Cake ice cream (with sprinkles) that I ordered (from the kid's section, shh) at Baskin Robbins the other day.  I mean, c'mon, 32 flavors?  I had to get something fun!

I also may or may not have purchased a large sprinkled cupcake at the Czech Stop on the way back from Austin yesterday.  And I definitely chose the last M&M cookie today at lunch.

So, yes, I might be paying big girl bills, and I may be moving into my very own first apartment soon, and I am definitely feeling the pain of rush hour traffic and long hours at the office, but I am very much a little kid at heart still! 

No comments:

Post a Comment