Friday, June 3, 2011

Boozin' and Schmoozin'

I currently live 27.7 miles from where I work.  That doesn't sound all that bad...until you add rush-hour traffic and silly accidents on top of that and then we're talking a good hour and fifteen to hour and a half drive to and from work every day.  Sick.  In case you suck at math, thats 2 1/2 - 3 hours of driving and time I'm wasting every. single. day.

To combat the traffic, at least on the way home from work, I've started finding ways to simply avoid it.  Monday was Memorial Day so luckily no work = no traffic :)  Tuesday I headed just a few exits down and did some shoe shopping at and around Northpark Mall and then met my Fish Camp co-chair partner, Brad, for dinner in Dallas.  Wednesday I simply stayed 45 minutes late and took my sweet time getting down to my car and out of the building, hoping most of the traffic would have subsided by then.  

But my favorite way to avoid traffic?  Booze and schmooze.  Thursday was Aggie Happy Hour at The Nodding Donkey in Uptown so I met a few friends there for a few hours to let the traffic settle.  Yummy drinks, fellow Ags, and a hoppin' bar - what more could I ask for?!  And today I joined a few people from work for Happy Hour right across from our office.  Although my initial Bellini Tini was not all I had hoped it would be, the Budweiser I finished with and the great company made it a phenomenal way to avoid traffic!

So when it's just been "one of those days" and I'm not in the mood to battle reckless drivers and senseless traffic, I shall turn to my newly acquired favorite avoidance method: boozin' and schmoozin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment