Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cake Meeting

Today we had our monthly office meeting.  Otherwise known as our 'cake meeting'.  Yes, that's right...CAKE.  Yum.

Apparently a few years back there were some hurt feelings amongst the staff - some departments bought people cakes for their birthdays, others did not, etc.  So, in an effort to make everyone feel special and to promote a fair working environment, our boss decided that at our once-a-month office meetings, we would have a birthday cake.  And those who had birthdays within that month would get to choose the flavor.  We usually order from Breadwinners so the cakes are always top notch.

Today's was a chocolate cake with fresh strawberries and a whipped cream icing.  This was awesome because earlier today I had been reminiscing on last month's deliciousness: vanilla cake with fresh strawberries and the most scrumptious frosting.  I was determined nothing could beat it and swore I would just have to fight whoever else has a September birthday to bring back that amazing cake during my birthday month.  Well, lucky me and little did I know, we would be having last month's slightly darker counter part today!

I may have sneaked an extra slice after the meeting and covertly scarfed it down at my desk.  What?!  They were tiny slices!  We decided that we're getting to be so large of a staff that we're going to need to order two cakes going forward...

So feel free to be jealous of my office meetings (I love where I work!) and I'm gonna go ahead and go for a run and try to work off at least half of the sweets I consumed today!

1 comment:

  1. JEALOUSYYYYYYYYY. But seriously, does this firm exist in Houston?

    ReplyDelete